Friday 16 March 2007

I have made it to Thailand !!!!

hello

what are you all up to?
Had a very good last night in Zambia, went for cocktails at the Royal Livingstone hotel, watched the sun set and got some great pictures of my friends too. Geoff, one of the volunteers (quite abit older) is a keen bird watcher and astronomer. He pointed out a really bright star (which i thought was possibly the Northern star (i know a bit dim) but instead of being a star it is actually Venus, the planet. I tried to take pictures but it never turned out right.

I am currently in the hotel in Thailand where i will be staying for the next three nights before moving somewhere more rural to do more culturally things. The trip over was a long one and i am so tired i can hardly see, it is only 1445. I left Zambia on Wednesday 14th March at 1030, crossed over to Zimbabwe for my flight which was delayed for two hours. Had one night stay over in Johannesburg at a guest house called the Emerald hotel (very good, they look after you, have nice rooms, is good value for money and its really secure). Unfortunately despite it being really nice i did not sleep well, which did not give me a very good start for my 12 hour flight to Hong Kong. Now the time difference between Johannesburg and Hong Kong is 6 hours, but after about two and a half hours on the flight and after food the hostesses shut the shutters on the plane windows so everyone would sleep. I did not sleep because my brain was telling me it was only 1630, so i stayed awake the whole twelve hours and for the next four for my flight from Hong Kong to Bangkok. So very tired, the computer i am using has English alphabet on the keys but also the Thai alphabet, it is making my eyes not focus very well.

If this blog entry doesn't make sense i am really sorry.

Take care


Andreaxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a brilliant new adventure in Thailand!!

Lots of Love Susan xx

PS. Hope you are wearing a red nose today its red nose day!

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic new adventure in thailand!

Hope you are wearing a red nose for Comic relief-its today!!

Susan xx

Anonymous said...

Dear Andrea,
Really feeling for you with the lack of sleep thing! Puts night shift into perspective!
Things here a moving reasonably well with regards to the transfer to Skye. Bought a two bed house and we are in the process of selling the flat for a silly amount of pennies!!
Keep up the crossed-eyed typing. It made sense to me!!!!
Love Gerry.xxx

Yzerfontein said...

Those clickies of the stars and planets are difficult and never look as good as in real life. A flight into Johannesburg is only worth a night's stay - and you need the security! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea

I know how you feel also about lack of sleep with a four week old baby!!! Only joking, she is so good, only gets up at 3.30 and then again at 8.00am so I can't argue with that. Make sure you do some serious sunbathing in Thailand, it is currently hailstoning and snowing as I'm typing this. Mothers day here today so I'm putting my feet up! X