Friday 5 October 2007

The Final Word!

I have been back in the UK 5 1/2 weeks now and time is passing so quickly i barely have time to think. I have returned to work although only part time, but to be honest this is enough with the course in London and trying to finish my dissertation too. The hardest thing about being back has been the lack of money, (not had a full months pay yet), but on the whole i am happy to be back. The most shocking aspect for me since returning is that i actually feel quite settled, a feeling i haven't had for years.

I have been asked many times which country has been my favourite, in truth i have loved it all, the world is a beautiful place and my journey has made me many friends which i will have for a long time, i am sure. However, Zambia and Zimbabwe were amazing, the people are wonderful and the beauty of each county is breathtaking. Those red dusty roads that run in between very green bushes you see while you are sat in the back of a uht, i will never forget. The love of seeing animals such as zebras, vervet monkeys, hippos, lions, cheetahs, crocs in their natural habitat is a favourite and sure enough gives you a different perspective of the local zoo, there is no comparison!

Although Africa is very much mix for example on one hand you have the little villages with the mud houses and then another a five star resort, high rised business buildings and bars with brown leather seating, it is the simple way of living which i admire the most. The Zambians who live in the villages compared to people in the UK have nothing, they don't have the latest fashion designs, they don't have a five bedroomed detached house, their access to health care is poor but what they do have are close family and communty ties and above all are happy. Here in the UK i feel that materialism takes presidence above our happiness.

Australia was another of my favourites for its vastness and its diversity. Sydney felt like home and i am sure will go their again. New Zealand has scenary that will take your breath away and i love looking at the pictures i have taken there.

Before i left for travelling i sold my house and gave up my job but i have no regrets and as i have been told many a time whilst i was on my travels, i have just done something that people only dream of doing, i have every reason to feel proud.

Most of all i am glad i had the opportunity to go, its given me a different outlook and also some wonderful memories which brings a big smile to my face.

Andreaxxx

No comments: